Tuesday, February 14, 2006

St. Valentine's Day

Today was Rose's 18th birthday!!!!!! :O
I can't believe she's 18!! It seems like I was just 18... in fact, I WAS 18 only six months ago! ;) (Just on the opposite end of 18. :)) Poor thing - she had 3 tests and a long, long day at school for her birthday! :( But I think the evening went pretty well... at least, she seemed to be in a good mood for most of it. :)
We started the day off by all going to the 6 am Mass. Fr. Harber said it at the main altar and he said the Mass for Rose on her birthday! That was sooo good of him!! Then I studied Science for a bit, ran an errand for a friend, went to school, had a Physical Science test, studied Theology, had Metaphysics and Latin... lunch and the discovery of a dozen yellow roses!! ...History class and finally my Theology test.
After school, I wrapped Rose's present, wrote her birthday card, did some homework, said the Rosary, picked Joe up, helped Mom with part of dinner, etc. Dinner was really good - chicken breasts, honeyed carrots, broccoli with hollandaise sauce, and French bread. Following that was chocolate cake and mead from Ireland. Rose opened her presents and we finished the evening with some dancing.
My day started off horrendously, but ended well!! :D I hope you all had a very happy St. Valentine's Day! I'm off to bed... God bless~

2 comments:

Sara Jane III said...

oohohohoo, a dozen roses..do tell!
Happy Birthday to ROSE!!! That supper sounded perfectly delicious. mmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it was a coincidence, Maddie. ;)