Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Home!!

Hello, hello!

Long time, no write!
I reached American soil this past Friday after four weeks of traveling in Spain and Poland (and a little time in France) - that, of course, after having spent about seven months in France. To be honest with you, I have mixed feelings about being home... it's great to be home again and to see my friends and family again, but I'm feeling really homesick for Europe! :(
This past month has been amazing. Especially Poland. I can't tell you how incredible my visit to Poland was!! I was a little apprehensive going into it, since it's a really different country and a really different language from anything I had previously experienced, but by the end of my time there, I did not want to leave. I hope, someday, to go back and to stay longer than a week.

I'll share a few pictures from this past month here, but after this I'm not sure when I'll be writing again next. I have so much to organize and reorganize in my life right now, that I might not be blogging too often. (Now don't say I didn't warn you. :)) I hope that you are all doing marvelously and I would love to hear from you! :)

Take care and à la prochaine!

On the way up the inside of the tower at the Giralda in Seville... very cool!

Enjoying a little Sangria in Seville... sunny Spain! (April 16)

Rose and I standing on some Roman ruins, on the road to Guadalupe, April 19

the "original" statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe, said to have been carved by St. Luke and blackened by the smoke of burning votives

spending my name-day in the City of the Immaculata, St. Maximilian's Niepokalanow!

Rosary and Benediction for the month of Our Lady

pausing for a picture, halfway to the top of the tower on the basilica in Czestochowa, May 5

Fr. Stehlin gives the sermon during the Mass for the Fourth Sunday after Easter

with a friend of mine in front of a monument in Warsaw... and the Polish colors :) (May 7)

the day I left Poland/saying goodbye (May 10)

No comments: