Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window... Rain, rain, and more rain!! (But with it, comes such luscious greenery!!)

I am thinking... that I must be getting old, because this weather makes my bones achey. :-/ And I'm thinking about the swine flu, thinking that there's way too much hype about it, but also wondering how bad it truly will get.

I am thankful for... last week's trip to Minnesota and for all the benefits and good things in my life. (And I'm trying to be grateful even for the crosses and unpleasant things. :))

From the kitchen... grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.

I am wearing... a black skirt and a colorful, plaid top that has kind of big fuschia buttons. :)

I am reading... In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms... so far, it's really good!

I am hoping... that the things pertaining to the pending merger and move will fall into place and go smoothly.

I am hearing... the sound of the clock and of Mom setting the table and of the gas burner on the stove.

Around the house... ironing to do, pictures to be uploaded to the internet :), errands to run, cookies to make. :)

One of my favorite things... summer evenings.

No comments: