Friday, February 06, 2009

Little Miracles of Grace

They were calling it a miracle before a mere 24 hours had elapsed. The plane crash/landing in the Hudson River on January 15, 2009, that is... When Captain Sullenberger skilfully and adeptly guided his failing aircraft into an emergency landing without losing a single life. This may have been a miracle, at best; it must have required great skill and presence of mind, at least.

This evening, I came across a beautiful article (hat tip to Joe) that relates one passenger's account - and the unmistakable role of Providence in the events of that day and his life. It is remarkable...

The Divine Mercy and the Hudson River Landing

While it may never be proven that the safe landing of flight 1549 was miraculous in the strict sense of the word, I have no doubt that this is just one of many little, unseen instances in which God works a miracle of grace.

1 comment:

MrsDoc said...

I love this story!! Thank you for "stealing" the post from Joe's blog!
This is also the first time I've ever been LOOKING AT a blog WHEN the post was posted -- it popped up (with the polka dot background) right in front of my eyes as if I had refreshed the page, but I hadn't. That was pretty neat!