Friday, February 20, 2009

Seven Quick Takes

(I saw this idea on Conversion Diary and decided to try to participate this week!)

~one~

I went to the chiropractor for the first time in my life on Wednesday. Spent over an hour there and learned a great deal. It was really interesting! I went in for a neck problem, but wound up spending half of my visit discussing and dealing with my tilted pelvis. I knew I was twisted that way ;), but that wasn't the reason for my visit. Apparently, though, something CAN be done about it and yes, it is just that important. Good to know.


~two~

My one and only niece (who doubles as my one and only goddaughter) will turn one a week from tomorrow! I can't believe we've had this wonderful little person in our family for a full year! It feels like only a year since her mommy and daddy got married. (But trust me, it's been longer than that! ;))


~three~

I worked all day today (unusual for me). The receptionist had laryngitis, so she went home at lunch. The doctor (my dad) was sick, too, so he stayed home all day to try to get some rest (after being up nearly all night). I believe this is considered very poor form - to have a third of the staff at a doctor's office out sick. LOL! (One of the job hazards, you know...)


~four~

I haven't tried it out yet, nor have I had the chance to read up on it completely, but Jennifer over at the Conversion Diary recently talked about how much she has benefited from staying away from processed foods and trying to eat fresh. I can well imagine how great that would be! I can't wait until the summer time, when more things are readily available in fresh form!!


~five~

Speaking of summer, we're going to try to have a garden this year... for the first time in twelve years! I'm really looking forward to it. And I'm a little nervous about it, since it's a pretty big undertaking and mostly new to me (now that I'm old enough to grasp what goes into it :)). But mostly, I'm excited about the prospect.


~six~

I realized only recently that my boyfriend and I met (one of the times that we met anyway :)) on the very day that his first (and so far, only) nephew was born! At least, that is my understanding of the matter. Just an interesting factoid. :)


~seven~

I can't believe how long it's taken me to get these seven things together. So much for it being seven quick takes! ;) I've been interrupted numerous times and had lots of things require my attention more urgently than this, so now, 24 hours or more after beginning to draft this, I'm going to publish it... and come in JUST under the wire for Friday. :)

No comments: