Friday, January 09, 2009

Goodbye, Joey

My bubba left this morning. He set out with three other seminarians to drive back to Winona... When we see him next, it will be for the occasion of the taking of the cassock in less than a month! I'm still in denial that this was essentially the last time (God willing) he would be hanging around the house in lay clothes.

I said goodbye to him before I left for work this morning, necessitating a somewhat matter-of-fact departure, which is just as well. Poor Mom saw him off to the last minute and parting was painful indeed.
Anyway, after I said goodbye, Mom gave me a ride to work in the Blazer (the white van is still in the shop and I haven't been behind the wheel in almost three weeks!)... I worked until 12:30, when she picked me up again. From 2 to 3, I went over to a friend's house to do some macro photography for her (to use on Etsy). Then, this evening, I had another friend over and we watched Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.

Without further ado, here's a picture from this morning...

And, for good measure, one from last night. :)

No comments: