Pray for my soul. More things are wrought by prayer
Than this world dreams of. Wherefore, let thy voice
Rise like a fountain for me night and day.
For what are men better than sheep or goats
That nourish a blind life within the brain,
If, knowing God, they lift not hands of prayer
Both for themselves and those who call them friend?
~excerpt from The Passing of Arthur by Alfred Lord Tennyson
I'd like to ask all my readers to please keep several intentions in their prayers.
* A friend of mine had her first-born baby (a son) on Tuesday, January 20. He was born five weeks early and had some trouble breathing, so he was transferred from one hospital to another, where they have a NICU with good care. It should only be a matter of time before his lungs are mature enough to support him on their own, but that's a pretty rough situation, so please keep his mommy and daddy in your prayers.
* Another friend of mine lost her father to spinal cancer a year ago today. They've had a rough week of it, with two other deaths close to home - one this past Monday and one just yesterday. I'm sure a couple of prayers would do them well.
* I found out yesterday that a traditional priest (a friend of the SSPX) was brutally murdered in South Africa. Nothing was stolen from the priory. He was 83 years old and it looks like the primary intent was his death. How horrible! (You can read more here.) Please pray for the repose of his soul.
* My best friend's mom was admitted to the hospital Wednesday, when it was discovered that her lungs were infected and (literally) filled with pus! Her lungs were drained Wednesday night and a chest tube was put in, but one of her daughters informed me that she was going to have surgery yesterday morning. I haven't heard any further details, but it was a scary and life-threatening situation for a little while on Wednesday and we're hoping she'll make it through alright.
* Last but not least, I've got a few friends whose husbands are either without work entirely (having been laid off) or pretty close to having no work. A prayer to St. Joseph on their behalf would be much appreciated.
Plus, there is a very special financial intention on my behalf that I'd love to have prayers for as well. :)
(Oh, and of course!!, prayers please for the revoking of the decree of excommunication by the Vatican!)
Thank you sooo much!