Thursday, September 22, 2005

Back Again :)

Hello, everyone!


Thanks for stopping by the ol’ blog. :) I hope you have all been well. I will now relate what has been going on in my life… for lack of something better to blab about! :D

Monday was the start of the second week of classes this school year. Time is already flying. It’s hard to believe it’s already two-thirds of the way through September (or more! :O)!!! I don’t remember anything too outstanding about Monday. It was pretty typical. I babysat that evening and got home about 11:30 pm…

Lindsey turned 21 on the 20th of this month!!!!!! I can’t believe she’s really and truly that magical age now!! ;) Twenty-one sounds kind of old and grown up. L And to think I’m less than two years away from it myself! :O ……so anyhow, Linds went out to eat at Skies in Kansas City the night of her birthday (Skies is a revolving restaurant – really nice!) with a group of friends. Sadly, I wasn’t able to make it because it was a school night and my immune system decided to give way sometime during Monday night (I woke up with a sinus infection on Tuesday). :( From what I have heard, it sounded like she had a good time there, nonetheless (how ANYONE can have fun when I’M not there is beyond me!!! :P Just kidding!).

On Wednesday, Mom and Dad and Linds left for Ireland!!!! It was a most extraordinarily long trip (especially for Mom and Dad who had an extra leg of the trip, compared to Lindsey)… they left home at 10 am Wednesday and did not arrive in Dublin until Thursday morning sometime! So they’ve been there about one day now. It’s chilly over there and mostly cloudy – typical of Ireland :) – but it sounds very pretty all-in-all. They will be there for another 8 or 9 days, before returning to the States on October 1.

As for my Wednesday, it was very hectic. I woke up, of course, with the irritating sinus infection. The day was very warm and humid and it started off with me running errands before Mom and Dad left. Then, after they left, I went up to the school, lugging camera baggage with me for the afternoon’s project. I went to Liturgy class and came home about 12:40. I had just enough time to grab a handful of wheat thins and scribble a note to the “little ones” (my! What a long time it’s been since I’ve heard them called that! :)) before I ran out the door again (this time, with Joey in tow). We set up cameras in the College Hall about 1 pm in order to record the presentation on the school’s new Mathematics program. Joey seemed to have everything under control and he told me that if I needed to be somewhere else to go ahead and go. So off I went about 1:30 to the first rehearsal for “Antigone”… I’m just a chorus member but still needed to be there. It was very hot in McCabe and the read-through took quite a while (or felt like it). It was finally done and I met up with Joey (who was annoyed because the recording had not gone very smoothly) and we got home right about 4 pm (so much for that Wednesday afternoon off). Rose got home from her singing lesson about 10 minutes later, then left for the library and was gone until shortly after 5. The bright note of the day was that I found out I didn’t have to babysit because of the sinus infection… so I was able to stay home and make pasta for dinner. We ate between 5:30 and 6, did dishes, put stuff away, and said Rosary. Recording for St. Magnus started at 7 o’clock and ran until 9.

So it was a long and hectic day. :/

Fortunately, today was not quite as harried. I had Physical Science, Theology and Latin in the morning and just Ethics in the afternoon. After school, I had about an hour breather before I headed out to babysit. I “kid sat” until about 10:45. When I got home, a thunderstorm was JUST about to get underway. So I grabbed my camera and ran out back. Using the (manual) bulb setting (which I now know how to use! :D Thanks, Will!!), I did manage to get one REALLY cool lightning picture and a few other neat ones!! I’ll be posting a few on my
Pixies blog as soon as I can.

And that brings you up to speed on Monica’s life! :)

I have the first History quiz of this year tomorrow – pray for me! It’s from Pepin the Short to Charles the Fat. :D And then it will be the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D (…well. After I get off work Friday, it will be.)
Saturday afternoon, I have rehearsal and Saturday evening, Joey and I are going to Kansas City with a bunch of friends and acquaintances for a hockey game (Nashville vs. St. Louis). I’ve never been to a hockey game before so this will be kind of cool! :)

ANYHOW, this update is terribly long so this will be the end. I’ll be back sooner or later. :) Cheerio, all! God bless~

No comments: